Trail Running Series
MSIG Hong Kong partners with GreenRace to introduce the MSIG Trail Running Series 2019, a meaningful new challenge that showcases the city’s spectacular and unique country parks. The trail running events that make up the Series offer UTMB qualifying points. Runners will have access to their rankings throughout the Series.
Series Participants can look forward to enjoying signature event venues and the beautiful trails of Hong Kong Island, New Territories and Lantau Island. The Series will conclude with a year-end celebration recognizing the Series winners, participants, volunteers and key sponsors. The top overall Series male and female win a Racing The Planet – 4 Deserts entry. The events are as follows:their rankings throughout the Series.
19 January, 2019MSIG Trail
@ Braemar Hill
45K - 2 ITRA Points
- Race 1
30-31 March, 2019MSIG Ultra
@ Tai Po
- 44K - 3 ITRA Points *
75K - 4 ITRA Points *
- Race 2
21 September, 2019MSIG Immortals
@ Pat Sin Leng
34K - 2 ITRA Points *
- Race 3
3 November, 2019MSIG Summits
@ Mui Wo
- 27K - 2 ITRA Points *
50K - 3 ITRA Points *
- Race 4
* Estimate based on 2018 edition of the race.
For MSIG Open Series & Youth Program
Youth 1: 16 – 24 yrs
Youth 2: 25 – 29 yrs
30 – 44 yrs
45 – 54 yrs
1. To be eligible for the grand prize, 4 Deserts entry, competitors must complete minimum of 3 of 4 races in either the Short or the Long MSIG Series.
2. Competitors of the Youth Series to complete all 4 races.
3. 44k Ultra and 17k Summits are bonus distance categories, hence, those running are not eligible for the overall Series winner title.
1. Transportation for all events included in the registration fee.
2. Optional extra race pack items such as t-shirt or shorts already included in posted price. Registrants have the option to remove these items and reduce the registration fee.
3. Finisher T8 Sherpa Shorts included for Ultra (Mar).
4. Finisher Uglow Jacket included for Summits (Nov).