Trail Mandatory Requirements
Gear Check - Arrive Earlier
Please show up to the start line prepared on race day. A 15min time penalty will be applied to missing mandatory items at gear check points. Do not be that runner who places others at risk due to carelessness or lack of consideration for the conditions on the day. Race Director reserves final say on all safety matters and mandatory items. Review our GreenRace rules and regulations here.
- By registering for this event I confirm I have sufficient medical & travel insurance in place.
- I have not undertaken any major surgery in the past 3 months that would put myself or any other participants at risk on race day.
- Runners should have downloaded the gpx file, reviewed the course map, and familiarised themselves with the route, first aid stations, emergency contact details, exit points etc.
- Runners should also check their email and the GreenRace Facebook page the morning of the race in case of any cancellations or delays to the race due to weather or other issues.
- Runners should have done adequate training over similar distances over the past 2 months and have read the race rules to prepare themselves for race day.
- Runners should also stop and help any participating runner in need of assistance on race day.
- Runners should have read the emergency/injury
procedures of GreenRace and agree to follow them on race day, should an accident occur.
15K Mandatory Gear
- Minimum 1L water hydration bladder or bottle/flask.
- Ensure you have kept yourself very well hydrated 24-48hrs prior to race day.
- Good tread running shoes, minimum 50% tread remaining
- Sun visor/hat
- Applied suntan lotion to their skin before the race
- Gel/bar with 200 calories of energy minimum
- Safety Pins or race belt for your bib number.
- GPS watch OR smartphone with gpx course map loaded.
- If using your phone, download Strava, Suunto, or equivalent gps app to track your location.
45K Mandatory Gear
- Fully charged mobile phone with TGR Control Centre phone numbers:
- +852 9173 4477 (Chinese)
- +852 9163 3306 (English)
- Digital (on your phone) or printed copy of the jpeg course map. This maps contains critical race day information.
- Space Blanket
- FirstAid Kit (highly recommended, will not be checked)
- Plasters (small & large)
- 1 rolled bandage
- Safety pins
- 1 roll sticky tape
- Antiseptic cream or spray
- Paracetamol/aspirin or equivalent